Monday, June 30, 2008

Misc.

Well some progress has been made on my living situation. Even though my credit score is pretty good,I've got a little too much debt(who doesn't these days) for the amount of income I have & that's what's providing to be challenge in getting me pre-approved. My lender has been trying to work on a plan to reduce that(because in the long run regardless if I rent or try to own I need to have this monkey off my back).

But I am exploring lease-w/ the option to buy. It would get my foot in the door in terms of the housing market while working on getting a down payment. The way it works is that part of the rent would be put into an account to build up over the course of a year or more to be put towards closing costs if I chose to buy the place that I'm renting. Of course,I would need to chose a place that I really like so it give me motivation to buy. So I have looked at a couple of condos in my area & just waiting to hear what my lender says in terms of financing for me.

On the running front,I have signed up for my yearly 3-5k race series coming up this Monday(as you can see from sidebar). They are held for 3 consecutive Mondays in July in subdivision w/ lots of cul-de-sacs(hence the name). The races start at 7pm so hopefully it would be a smidge cooler,but I doubt it. Last year it was still in the low 90's by the time the race started but good thing was,there were a lot of homeowners out there w/ hoses & sprinklers drenching us during the course of the race. So let's hope they are generous w/ their water again!..until next time...

3 comments:

m said...

I hate debt. I'm not even going there.

I'm better at morning races that night ones.

You have to love those homeowners with the water. Love them. I've seen some with coolers of beer also. Tempting to say the least.

Unknown said...

an evening race. eeek. I don't like those, because it's always hot and I'm usually hungry. LOL.

The 311 Boys Mom said...

at least you klnow what you gotta do. . . .lease to own might not be such a bad idea!