Thursday, June 5, 2008

Got to keep my balls..

Bwahahaaa...Yeah I was at the gym tonight & sent death rays to anyone who even thought about taking one of them. So my workout tonight went off w/o a hitch. Hey I was an only child. I DON'T share well..;-)

So M wondered how I dropped 48secs from Mile 1(9:55) to Mile 4(9:07) on my long run on Monday. I have to say...that...I...have...no...idea. Honestly I was haulin' bootie. Probably since it was hotter than hades I was just ready to get the run over w/ so I can get in some A.C.! I know I gotta watch that this summer if I don't want to overtax myself. Heat stroke,heck even heat exhaustion is no joke.

Speaking of heat & speed got my first speed work session(tempo run) tomorrow. Supposed to be in the mid-90's. Pray for me.

2 comments:

m said...

Hey I'm an only child too!

Watch the heat stroke/exhaustion. I got it last year. I'm running and wondering why I'm getting goosebumps when it's 98% humidity. That and I was a goofy in the head on my last 1/2 mile.

GP said...

There are just too many innuendos and puns at the gym, aren't there?

I'm glad you kept your balls at the gym. If it happened again, I was going to offer to visit and give you some backup!

Be careful out there (as I know you will) with the heat and hydration. I have a tempo run, which I skipped yesterday, on the menu today. Good luck to us both!