Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Those beyotches stole my balls!

Let me set the scene. Imagine me at the gym. Doing my thang. Just finishing up one exercise & heading toward the stability balls. Then to my horror,these rather young things just prance(yes,they pranced..shut up) up & took them all. I just look at them & say as nicely as I can.."Hey I was just about to use one of those". They looked back at me & said in a grating, sweet voice.."We need them for a class". No compromise & say hey let's leave one for one of the many(like me) who are NOT taking a class. It's just like oh well we got to them first,sucks to be you. I tell ya I wanted to stick the balls where the sun wouldn't even think about shining! Alrighty I'm done w/ my rant.

I did manage to bang out my 4miler yesterday(kinda wish I could have run today too after I got "robbed" at the gym). Finished in 38:14/avg. pace 9:35. Check out these splits:

Mile 1: 9:55
Mile 2: 9:33
Mile 3: 9:32
Mile 4: 9:07(somebody DEFINITELY lit a fire under my a$$)

It's been a long time since I've negative splits like that. I was shocked at that last mile. Did not think I could go below & hold a 9:15pace for longer than a few hundred feet since my injury. Obviously I underestimated my legs.

I've got swimming tomorrow. At least I'm not using any balls in the pool! (Kisses)

5 comments:

Amy said...

Ha ha ha ha!!! I cracked up at that title.

m said...

I love those negative splits and how the heck did you drop 48 seconds from mile 1?

I hate "those" girls. I know them and their kind.

BTW I love rants, you could of gone on and on.

Anonymous said...

Pranced? Really? :) Yea, they could've left you just one ball!

Good running! Keep it up!

April said...

What a funny post! Love it. And I know what you mean about stolen gym equipment. I hate it when people try to cut in on my free weight routine and steal my weights when I put them down for a quick rest. Those people suck.

GP said...

Sounds like you were really warmed up for that last one! Negative splits always make my day (does that mean I need to do something more fulfilling with my life?), and it really looks as if you're picking up the pace, girl. How's the leg feeling?

So, to put it nicely: I'd love to just wing a medicine ball at chicks like that. They were the huge drawback to training at a university rec. center. They were everywhere. And between their giggles, short-short-shorts and explicit stretching displays... it's no wonder I started running outside. Way to handle it maturely, though. I'd have thrown something ;-)