Wednesday, April 9, 2008

X-training(day 3)

I decided to do something crazy tonight w/ the ellip. I went from an average resistance level of 5.3(spread over a 31min period)....to get this...wait for it....6.2!!! I know,where do I come up w/ this stuff? But while I was at the gym I thought about totally overhauling my strength training routine. I'm finding that I'm getting in a rut w/ doing same weights,same reps for months now. I know my body is no longer challenged so I don't know why I am so hesitant to push further. Lazy I guess. I use Sparkpeople to log my workouts but I can't put any dates on it as far as how long I've been doing a particular exercise at a certain weight/rep. I was thinking about using an Excel sheet but I don't wanna have to go yet to another place(I also use Sparkpeople to log my food) to log my daily activity. If anyone knows of one place on the net that I could do both,hook a sista up!

I wanted to thank Gina for saying that I'll still have readers after this running hiatus. Gina I remember reading your older posts about out for months but I have to say that you are more entertaining to read than I am.

M,I've heard about those swim mp3 players. I think they're cool but I'd be afraid of my head getting a shock when I hit the water!

Well you know the drill for tomorrow. I'm outeeee.

2 comments:

GP said...

Oooh, swimming MP3 player. Hmm. I used to have one of those Speedo radios in the early 1990s, but always used it indoors where no radio waves could reach me. But an MP3 player, that's a different story.

Too bad they don't make water-resistant iPods, eh? Ooh, iPods with lap counters! I always lose count and could really use some help until I fashion some kind of personal training touch pad...

Of course you're not going to find yourself entertaining -- you're living, seeing, thinking and writing it. It's all about the sharing of ideas. We dig you in the blogosphere!

I appreciate the comment, nevertheless. But people experiencing the same thing will appreciate your recovery, racing and training stories even more.

Gotta Run..... said...

Changing your things up and keeping it fresh is key!! Smart girl!!

i am on a plan that will take me a total 30 days to complete before I begin it all over again.