Tuesday, July 22, 2008

PR for pizza....Who knew?

That's right. Apparently you just have to dangle the promise of pizza at the end of a race & I'm gonna do a PR. Here's the breakdown:

Mile 1: 9:06
Mile 2: 9:07
Mile 3: 8:44(could smell the pizza..It was the proverbial carrot on a stick)
Mile .1: 1:01(was knockin' peeps outta my way to GET to the pizza..;-))..(sorry M,beer just doesn't do it for me but hey whateva' works for you,go for it!)

Finish time was 28:00. Over a minute faster than my previous week's time. How ya like me now?..lol AND,it was a good 10 degrees warmer(about 95 at the 7:00 race time compared to the mid-80's of the past 2 races).

Last night marks the last in this series & it's going to be my last race this summer. Definitely looking forward to building up distance & working on my speed in the relative comfort of the treadmill when it's above 90 outside. I may do a winter race(depending on my finances) but this is it until I start training for the 10k(held next year). Hope everyone is staying cool & catch ya on the flip side!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

YAY for the PR!! Woot!! I'd pee myself if I could do a 5K in 28mins. Good job.

Interesting that you aren't wearing these shoes because you over-pronate. I had been wearing shoes for over-pronating, but I don't (so those other ones were bad for me)! It's really nice to be in the right kind of shoes, don't you think?

The 311 Boys Mom said...

28 is AWESOME!!!


Thats like 2 miles for me!! lol

I cna't wait to get in teh low 11's again & tehn teh high 10's.

those are my goals, I dont' wanna get too gready! :o) yet :O)

April said...

Woo Hoo! Congrats! (I go faster for pizza too:)

Anonymous said...

Nice! Whatever motivates you, huh? Guess next race you need to convince someone to have a pizza at the finish line for you. :) Nice PR!

Steve Stenzel said...

YEAH for PR and Pizza!!!! SWEET!!!!

Kim said...

Hey, you beat my 5K time! I was hoping for a sub 30 and did it in about 29.57!!

GP said...

You've been gone. I've been done. I hope you're doing well! Did you run for turkey last weekend too (OK, I did a turkey trot, but it had more to do with the apple cider, tiramisu, pumpkin pie, chocolate-hazelnut mousse and bread pudding than the bird)? And how's the 10K training going?