Tuesday, July 8, 2008

7 seconds faster

Yeah I've become one of those bloggers that only post every once in a while. So much going on but I wanted to give a short race report(I know it's been so long you probably don't realize that I had a 5k yesterday).

Yesterday's was the first of a 3-5k race series. We basically ran thru a subdivision w/ a few long cul-de-sacs thrown in for fun. Here's the breakdown:

Mile 1: 9:12
Mile 2: 9:20(tried to slow up a little. Realized Mile 1 was a little fast)
Mile 3: 8:58(umm....yeah there was a downhill..there were cars coming..umm..ok,I booked it)
Mile .11: 8:12(not EVEN gonna offer an excuse for this one)

Finish time was 28:51. Even though I'm about 30 seconds slower than my time last year for this first race,I beat my last 5k(Race for the cure) by several seconds! That's huge considering that last year I hadn't been injured yet. Overall I am pleased w/ time & weather wasn't too shabby. High 80's cloudy w/ a storm a-brewin'. Next week will probably be in the mid-90's & blistering hot so I really enjoyed the temps yesterday.

Don't know if I'm gonna post again this week so I hope everyone has a good one!

5 comments:

m said...

Good job!

Anonymous said...

Nice! Way to show that 5K who's the boss. :) You rock!

Unknown said...

Progress is progress!!

Gotta Run..... said...

Life can get crazy. Glad to hear that you are running... nice pace!! you got faster with each mile.

April said...

Don't you just love getting faster? :)