Friday, June 6, 2008

Now I know what hell feels like...

Tempo run(5x/3min @9:29pace-w/ 11:11 recovery jog btwn each set)...3+ miles total...95 degrees/heat index 100...Heaven help me it was HOT!! I think at one point I saw the devil laughing at my a$$ as I tried to bang out my run. There was just enough breeze to tease(really just pissed me off) cause just when I thought there was some relief...THERE WASN'T. I know what you all are thinking. Why would I do any type of speed work in the summer? Well I got a 3 5k race series coming up in a month & I didn't realize when I was planning my running(getting my pace & distance up after my injury) that I would be doing it throughout the WHOLE summer.

Don't get me wrong,I ran last summer so it's not like I haven't done any heat training but after the fall/winter running it's easy to forget how hot your body can really feel out in that. So anyway I figure that I'll take this month to do some concentrated speed work,do my race series & then do the rest of my speed work/tempo on the mill if it's too hot.

G,the leg has been holding up well & I hope your tempo run went ok in this heat as well. Well I hope everyone stays cool(or at least be camped out in front of the A.C.) this weekend! (Toodles)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

MAybe it's time to run at an airconditioned gym on a treadmill? I'm just saying...

Soapin' Cindy said...

Kudos for having the motivation to do speed training in this heat!!

April said...

Way to go on the tempo runs! Your race series sounds like fun!