Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The heat...

Ok,I'm certifiable. I..am..completely..INSANE. Wanna know why? I ran yesterday. 100 degrees/heat index 105. 4 miles in 39:21/avg. pace 9:49. Lawdy hav' mercy. Even the devil wasn't laughing yesterday. I think he was passed out from the heat! Funny thing there were times when I thought- Maybe I should walk,you know bring me heart rate down out of "heart attack" zone. But then I thought I'll just be out here longer than I really want. So I pushed thru to the end. I know,I don't have/use the good sense God gave me.

But there maybe some relief soon. Weatherman predicting the east coast heat wave will HOPEFULLY be easing up tomorrow. But of course I have swimming tomorrow so it would be cooler tomorrow. Until then....

3 comments:

m said...

Are you f'n crazy?! Why yes you are. Don't worry I did the same thing last year. Then I had the crap scared out of me in the end.

Today is much better. Now you can run and be sane at the same time.

The 311 Boys Mom said...

100 degrees. . . ."You are outside your mind"!! I love that saying & have only been able to use it on my kid’s asking for something. lol

Great run though.

I got the inhaler script & I'll pick it up today. . . .& RUN tonight!!!!

I opted out with humidity at 88% at 5am, I decided to do 55minutes of Pilates. Which thoroughly kicked my ASS!! :o)

April said...

I feel your pain...I was out in the heat also, but I did have to walk every now and then!