Thursday, June 12, 2008

Movin' on

So the heat,where my gym is currently located & even me are moving. First the heat. Looks like we're going to be in the low 90's tomorrow(instead of the furnace that we had earlier this week) which should be a little better for my speed work.

Next my gym is moving about a couple of miles of where it is currently. They have built a spankin' brand new-bigger(supposed to be around a 100,000 sq. feet) than all the other gyms in the area. All I know is they will have an indoor track(sweet but too bad they couldn't have been opened on Monday or tomorrow-they won't be opened for business until Sat.).

Finally me. My lease is currently coming up for a renewal & I need to get into a cheaper place. Plus I'll have my Dad moving in w/ me for a bit. I know everyone is getting into buying a house but I have to admit that I'm kinda(read a lot) apprehensive about the financial commitment. I grew up in apartments & was never told about how important it is to own. But of course now that I have been on my own for nearly a decade everybody & their mother is trying to get me to buy. I don't have any money saved up & I know that can help greatly towards lowering the final amount. But I don't want to be one of the many who are right now going thru foreclosure in a few years cause I can't keep up w/ the payments. If anyone has any advise,clue me in.

Until next time...

2 comments:

Gotta Run..... said...

When the time is right you will know when to buy a house. You sound like a smart gal!!

Enjoy the new gym and try not to burn up in this heat.

Soapin' Cindy said...

Yeah...you don't want to rush into buying a house when you're unsure of maintaining the payments. The trick is to not let someone talk you into buying too much house. People underestimate the cost of maintaining a home. Believe me...something is always breaking...I think of all the hard work I've put into my house and look at the housing market...great if you want to buy, but a horror if you have to sell. Listen carefully to the advice, but in the end...call your own shots.